My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Saturday 25 April 2009

Penny Black Saturday Challenge

Hi Everyone

I hope you are all having a lovely weekend.

This week's challenge from Penny Black is entitled "Anything Goes". Not an easy challenge because there is just too much choice of what you can do/use.

But I had a go and below is what I created:

This card used:

Image - Penny Black "1651K ...Mice Day!"
Backing paper - The English Paper Company
Thread, buttons and heart from my stash box

.. .. .. oh and the Diamond Stickles had to make an appearance as he has sat unused for a while and was beginning to sulk!!

So not much used with this creation. I coloured the image with a mixture of Promarkers and watercolour crayons and handstitched a bit of cross stitch down the left hand side to tie in with the cross stitch and thread on the image.

Quite a plain card really - but I like it!

Love Jules xx

20 comments:

Wendy said...

Great card Jules but you fooled me for a minute because I couldn't find the heart but on closer inspection there it was lol
Wendy x

craftimamma said...

Wendy, you're as bad as me for searching out the hearts, Lol.

Not surprised you 'like it' Jules, it's lovely. I love those cute meeces.

Lesley Xx

Kath Stewart said...

oh this is super cute Jules....love the colour and your image is adorable.......thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC....Hugs Kath xxxxx

Francien said...

I like it too...the stamp is so lovely and dont need a lot more...the colours are great!!
greetings Francien.

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah Jules this is brilliant, I love this card. THe colours are great. What cute wee mices. I found your heart. Yipeee. HAzelxox

Unknown said...

A beautiful card - I love the colour!

Peet said...

This is so adorable! Beautiful card, Jules!!!
Peet x

Lainy's Little Blog said...

This is so cute Jules. I absolutely love that image, haven't seen it before. Love your choice of colour and the stitching down the side as well as the faux stitching around your image. Great job. Hope you are having a great weekend. Hugs, Lainy xxx

Julie said...

Gorgeous card. I love the stitching and the image is great.
Julie x

cats whiskers said...

Great card love that image and the papers are fabulous, as is your colouring, hope you have a perfect Sunday
Hugs Jacqui x

Pauline C said...

Very pretty card Jules - lvoe the seet image and soft colours. Thanks for joining in the PBSC this week and have a great weekend
Pauline x

CRAFTERESA said...

oooooh I love the image, never seen this one before, is it a new stamp???
love the way you added sewing to echo the image
fabulous

Teresa xx

Lexxie said...

Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog Jules,
Your card is really pretty, just love the image, and I love how your stitching matches the theme of the stamp.
Fab work jules,
Love Sarita xx

LavenderCards said...

cute card
Katherine

Nicola said...

Hi Jules,
Fabulous card, I love this image and your delish paper. Great detail with your stitched border and buttons.
Nicola -x-

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

gorgeous card love the colours xx

Nicki said...

Ahh, this is so sweet Jules, love the colouring on your image. The heart took a little finding this time but I got it! Nicki, xx.

Pop's Cards said...

Gorgeous hun, hugs Pops x x x

Tab said...

Oh Jules, just love your card, that is one seriously cute image, love it!
Hugs Tab xxx

having a {me} day said...

Awwwwww, this is CUTE! And great colouring too. katxx