My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Thursday 8 July 2010

LILI OF THE VALLEY CHALLENGE 57

Hi Everyone

I am entering a new challenge today (Lili of the Valley Challenge 57).

It isn't one I have joined in with before .. .. but I am so loving the LOTV stamps (and using them so much) that I decided it was time to join in their challenge.

The theme is to work to a sketch. There was also the option of using "Its a Girlie Thing" - thank goodness that part was optional .. because I was desperate to use this little chappie!!

Here is my creation
This used:

Image: LOTV "S102" Boys - Gone Fishing
Sentiment: Daisy and Dandelion "Dandelion goes Fishing"
Backing Papers: DCWV "All About Boys" Stack
Go Kreate Concentrics: "Scalloped Squares"
Nestabilities: "Classic Squares Large"
Martha Stewart Punch: "Traditional Scallop"
Glossy Accents
Diamond Stickles

Brads and charms from the stash box
and here is the sketch

Thanks for calling by and also thanks for all the hammock stories yesterday .. .. I really enjoyed them. It would seem that there is simply no way to get into a hammock in a lady-like manner.

Perhaps it is a case of having a strong man on hand to scoop us up in his arms, lift us up and gently place us inside .. .. .. well we can dream!!! LOL!!!

Have a lovely evening everyone.

Love Jules xx

15 comments:

Debs said...

Oh Jules this is gorgeous - I love it!
Have a great evening.
Take care
Debs xx

chris said...

Hi jules, this is so special, I love that stamp, and the way you have done the layout.

I thought you had a big strong man to scoop you up, you want more!!

lots of hugs chris xx

Doreen said...

I love this so much Jules your colouring of the image is superb and I love you contrsting strip across the bottom.xxx

Nicola said...

This is one of my favourite LOTV stamps and just love what you have done with it. Me thinks I may have to have a go at this challenge.... Nicky xx

coops said...

fantastic male card jules,the image is great and i love your fab layout.love your colours and papers and those little fish are fab.i love it all,can you tell :)luv coops.xx

craftimamma said...

What a fab image Jules. What a cute little chap and I love his cap.

Er, my big strong man (ahem) did give me a few words of advice about getting into the hammock and held it steady for me. Don't think he would have managed to lift me if he'd tried, Lol!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

CraftyC said...

Gorgeous card Jules, you have coloured the stamp beautifully. Thanks for taking part in the LOTV Challenge!
Clairex

Gibmiss said...

Hi Jules
Love this image ...infact love them all
hugs
sylvie
xx

Anonymous said...

This is awesome! I love what you did!!!

Craftycat said...

Hello Mummy Gibbs,
I can't believe it has taken you this long to join in the challenge at LOTV :)
Hope all is well your end, busy busy here, but I think next week will see the return of the crafty table as now I'm on the bar I have a few later starts and so can have crafty mornings which I am looking forward to (don't tell Paul LOL).

Nannieflash said...

Hi Jules, wow what a fabulous card love the colouring its a fantastic card for a male. Thanks for the lovely comments by the way, its been one of those weeks lets hope next is somewhat better. Take care have a lovely weekend, with love and hugs Shirleyxxxx

Little K Smith said...

Oh a gorgeous card Jules, adore this image. Fab layout and love the little fishes too.
Kelly.x

Juls said...

so gorgeous!! Love how you have used the sketch! your colouring is amazing! and I just Love all the scallops! Hugs Juls

Bev said...

Oh this is just so sweet! Thanks so much for joining us at LOTV this week x

Nicola said...

Gorgeous card Jules, love the colours and adorable image you've chosen.
Thank you for joining us at Lili of the Valley.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-