My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Friday 25 February 2011

NAUTICAL COLLAGE

Hi Everyone

Friday is here again .. .. yay!!!  Bring on another weekend!!

A share today which uses a lovely set of stamps that I bought from the NEC in March of last year.  The sentiments in the set get used but for some reason the main image never has .. .. so I decided to make amends today!!

It stamped beautifully using a black versafine ink pad and I then heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.  Lovely finish!!  Just a few daps of ProMarker here and there and the job was a good one!!





This used:

Image and Sentiment:  "Butterfly Kisses" Clear 2 Collage - Nautical Collage
Backing Papers:  Aimee Asher
Josy Rose:  Nail Heads
Diamond Stickles
Charm was part of a prize from "An Oldie But a Goodie"
White Gel Pen

Next I really must get rid of my guilt and share the awards that have been very kindly bestowed upon me.  It is always an honour to receive them .. .. especially as I make no secret of the fact that I never pass then on. 

How can a girl possibly choose between all of the fantastic blogs out there .. .. and I would hate to offend anyone.

So first up is a cute one .. .. and it comes "WITH A HEART"   YAY!!!


How cute is that?  This came from a new follower to my blog Ni.  Thank you very much Ni for thinking of me.

Ni is a "newbie blogger" and has only been blogging for a few weeks.  Please pop over and give her a lovely bloggy welcome and if you scroll down the posts a little you will find a fantastic tutorial for making a double easel card!  Well done Ni .. .. it is fantastic.  Must give it a try.

I also received the same award from my lovely "long standing" blog buddy Tracy.  I have known Tracy for a while now and recently she joined the Penny Black at Allsorts DT team.  It is lovely to be working with her.  You must pop over to her blog and see the lovely creations she makes .. .. and also for a glimpse of her gorgeous little boy Bobby.  Don't get me wrong, Tracy's other children are lovely too .. .. but there is just something about Bobby that makes me smile every time I look at him.  I think it may be because he reminds me of my lads when they were younger.

No secrets for me to share with this award .. ..LOL!!!

My next award has come from Elizabeth (thank you Elizabeth) .. .. another lovely blog where you will find lots and lots of lovely creations and great inspiration.  Please take a visit.


Along with this comes the revealing of  another 7  random things about myself.  Oh dear!!

I received this award a little while ago .. .. .. sorry it has taken me a while to respond to it Elizabeth only I thought folk might get a bit fed up with my random reveals if I posted it too soon after my last confession  LOL!!!.

So my randon things .. ..

1.  I have lived in the same town all my life and can never imagine living anywhere else ever.

2.  I have only been a bridesmaid once (and a only a bride once too LOL!!).

3.  I used to have a little seat fitted on the crossbar of my Dad's bike .. .. loved those special bike rides with him.

4.  I got married on Easter Saturday

5.  Our first house cost less than a new card would now  (tee hee cards on the brain ... this should say "car" - thanks Annmaree .. .. can't believe you read this far!! LOL!!)

6. I used to have a Singer hand sewing machine when I was first married and made some lovely crimplene dresses (eekk).  I wish I had kept that machine as I would love to use it now for my cardmaking. Much easier than keep setting up my electric one!!

7.  I broke my foot when I was seven.  My Dad used to keep the garden tidy for a local bank and I used to help by weeding and picking up the pears that fell from the tree.  One week I was "investigating" (as you do) and there was what looked like a slab propped up against a wall.  I pulled the slab forward to see what was behind it but it fell towards me and broke in half over my foot.  It turned out it was the base of a safe.

Strangely my foot didn't hurt at all - but Dad insisted I went to hospital and I got a ride on my Dad's crossbar to the hospital.  They must have seen us arrive and kept asking if I had got my foot trapped in my Dad's front wheel.  I kept saying "no" but they still kept asking how I did it and saying "are you sure you didn't trap it in the wheel of the bike?".

I never got to ride on Dad's bike again after that :-(

If I peep through some huge old double gates in a local memorial ground I can still see into the bank's garden.  I do this sometimes when I go to town and take a little trip down memory lane .. remembering happy times spent with my Dad .. .. but it never looks as tidy as it did when we looked after it. 

OK then I think I have bored you enough for one night.

Catch you again tomorrow.

Love

21 comments:

Juls said...

Fab!!!! Love the image I am really into the collage look at the mo, so this is right up my street!!! great card one for the boys! Hugs Juls

Pop's Cards said...

Stunning work sweetie hugs pops x

Linda . J said...

Beautiful card Jules and the colours and design are gorgeous.Thanks for sharing your memories with us, we know a bit more about you now:-)
Hugs Linda

Anonymous said...

Love that card Jules, what a great stamp!!!!

Now do you mean to tell me your first house cost the same as a new Card??? or do you mean car? lol! ;-)

Doreen said...

Well now I know a bit more about you.

Your card is beautiful I love the image,it would have been Ideal for my Dad he was a Navy man.xxx

Sally H said...

A gorgeous card! Very classy. Congratulations on the awards. You have just reminded me that I've not blogged one from Tracy yet.

Tracy said...

Wow I love this card Jules, the imge is great and I love how you've just added bits of colour.

Now you have brought a tear to my eye this evening, what wonderful things you have said about me and my kids, but what you said about Bobby was so beautiful. Thank you so much Jules, and thanks for being a friend.

Have a good weekend
Happy crafting
Tracy x

chris said...

Hi Jules, wow, wow, wow, this is so fabulous. love it. those papers are so gorgeous too love the denimn look.
sorry I haven't been around lately, just had alot on and blogging had to take a back seat. hugs chris xx

MagsB said...

What an incredible image! It really is a beautiful card.

Thank you for sharing your memories - I love the thought of you as a little girl riding on your dad's bike handlebars!

luv, Mags x

craftimamma said...

Jules, Sweetie your blog posts could never be boring and when you go walking down Memory Lane like that you do make me laugh because a lot of your memories match mine (although I'm a tad older than you). This time it was sewing the crimplene dresses! Oh my, weren't they awful, lol!

And as for the cost of our first house, you couldn't buy half a new car for what ours cost and it was quite a nice house too. It still is though we don't live in it any more.

Love the card Jules and I recognised the collage image immediately because I almost bought it myself.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Jules this is absolutely fabulous what a great image I love it.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Donna Mosley said...

Hi Jules, love this fab card, great image too. Love the stitching and cute little anchor. Really enjoyed your story about your dads bike and the bank's garden. Good times eh? :o)

Donna x

Nikbee said...

I love the card. The image is fab.

Nikki x

Jacee said...

Gorgeous card Jules, such a stunning stamp and you have used it beautifully
Hugs Jacee

peahen said...

I really like this one Jules, beautiful!

Dena said...

I love it! Such a great guy card!!!!
Hugs, Dena

Claire said...

I love the card, that stamp is great for men's cards.
Hey you could never be boring, your posts always make me smile, you're a great "Raconteur" as we would say over here.

Nannieflash said...

Hi Jules I love that gorgeous card and its a fabulous male card. Have a wonderful weekend. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxx

lisa said...

What a beautiful card, Jules. I loved these Butterfly Kisses collage stamps when I saw them at Harrogate last September but couldn't decide which one I liked best so came away empty handed!!
I love your reminicences, what a lovely story about riding on your Dad's handle bars. Happy Days!!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Hugs Lisax

susiestacey said...

Gorgeous card Jules - love the image, have a good weekend x Susan x

Anonymous said...

Lovely masculine card Jules and the little anchor charm is perfect. I love reading your memories. xx