My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Saturday 23 April 2011

BIRTHDAY DOG

Hi Everyone

Another glorious day .. .. though the radio is saying there is rain happening in a few places !!!

Today has been housework and wedding work and only one other solitary make  .. ..  so you get to share the solitary make with me today and here it is .. ..






This used:

Image:  Penny Black "2078H" Birthday Dog
Backing Paper:  Aimee Asher
Martha Stewart Punch:  Embossed Zig Zag
Josy Rose:  Nail Head Stars
Crystal Stickles
Glossy Accents (for his little wet nose!!)
Ribbon and glitter from the stash box

So what has everyone else been up to today? 

I hope that none of you have got sore bits from the sun!!!

Short and sweet from me tonight because I am super early and want a blog catch up ahead of snuggling down with hubby for an evening in front of the "goggle box" ..  (aka the TV).  LOL!!

What a lovely feeling to think we are only just halfway through our long weekend!!    I hope you are all enjoying it as much as I am.

Love and Easter hugs

24 comments:

angelwhispers said...

Jules just love the card the image is just super and love the ribbon!!

No red bits here in Sheffield well may have from the hail that came down and all the roads where floaded!! You should have seen it I was out with my daughter and my trousers where soaked right up to my knees!!! lol Can't beleive it it was red hot this morning!!!! Chanelle xx

Enjoy your snuggle tonight!!!!

Lynda said...

Oh I just love this card - what a fab image and that ribbon is great!

Love Lynda xxx

Clare said...

What a cutie Jules! love the stamp and a bit different for PB. I really love that ribbon too. Glad you are having a lovely break hun. No sore bits here! having a lovely weekend catching up with family & friends and, oh yes lots of crafting!!!. Take care lovely, hugs Clare xxx

Doreen said...

A gorgeous make Jules,I love the bones.

We had a glorious morning but hailstones and thunders this afternoon.Enjoy the rest of the weekend.xxx

Anonymous said...

Love the deadpan expression on the dog's face! Fab card Jules and the ribbon is perfect! Weather has been much cooler and really dull here today but I've had a lovely afternoon at the theatre. xx

Cynthia said...

What a great card! I love the colors and the bone ribbon is soooo cute!! Glad you got a bit of sun today. Ours is finally shining! Happy Easter!

Unknown said...

Hi Jules, this is so sweet, I've been really enjoying looking at it. Love the colour combo and that doggie ribbon. Have fun with your hubby in front of the TV.. I'm all alone at the moment he he :) Kids scouting and hubby wanted to go to church .... he is more devoted than me woops.. Happy Easter xxx

MagsB said...

Another smashing card, Jules! Lovely papers, and that doggie is just so cute!

(We had a bit of rain this evening - a big raindrop plopped in my ear and made me squeal when I was bringing in the washing. My husband just stood there and laughed, the rat!!)

I hope you're having a good weekend!

luv, Mags x

CraftyC said...

Cute card Jules, love this little pooch and perfect papers. Happy Easter to you and yours, enjoy your weekend
Clairex

G Peplow said...

Gorgeous birthday doggie, love it, have a wonderful rest of the weekend, happy Easter to you too:0) xxx

Anonymous said...

Love this doggy card, he is too fun, love the bone ribbon!!

I am finding the weekend long and boring at this stage Jules! Glad you're enjoying it!

All the best xoxo

chris said...

Hi Jules this is such a sweetie I love the image, hope you are ok love chris xx

Sally H said...

Very cute, Jules! I love it! We have just had a bit of a thunder storm, but nothing dramatic, and the rain was heavy enough to do the garden some good. Hope you have a fab weekend

Little K Smith said...

Hi Jules
I'm afraid I've not done alot today (too hot is my excuse!), just buying chocolate for everyone at the last minute and made a start on a card and that's it really! :D
Anyway, this is soooo sweet, love the cute doggie and fab ribbon too!
Keep on enjoying the weekend :)
Kelly.x

Delphine said...

Fantastic card, Jules! What a great image and the colorus are fab! Gorgeous papers and layout as always and the ribbon is awesome! Enjoy your long weekend and happy Easter! Hugs Delphine xx

coops said...

fabulous male card jules.the image is great and i love your colours and the ribbon is stunning.
no rain here yesterday but its horrid and grey this morning.
happy easter :D

xx coops xx

Whisper said...

Wow this is just the best am loving the papers and also the fabby ribbon too, Luv Sam x

Vicky said...

Happy easter Jules...

another fabulous creation hun..super cute image and fab colours too hun..

have a lovely day...be back laters to see your snippets!

hugs Vicky xx

Nikbee said...

A wonderful card. I love the ribbon.

Nikki x

craftimamma said...

Hi Jules, I was making paper bunting outside yesterday evening and just managed to get it all unpegged and folded from the whirlygig before the thunderstorm. Otherwise, I have spent my time indoors through the worst of the sun - I'm a right old spoilsport in the heat, lol! Oooh, I did brave it for an hour or so on Saturday to help Hubby with a bit of gardening. He's not safe to be allowed near plants with clippers, lol!

Love your doggy card. That ribbon is great!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Nannieflash said...

Hi Jules, he looks a bit like a cat whos got the cream, I bet he wouldnt let you get near his cake. Fabulous card and I love your colouring and paper choice. Happy Easter Jules. with hugs Shirleyxxx

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie this is just stunning, loving the colours and a fab images too hugs pops x

Tracy said...

What a wonderful dog and such fabulous colours and papers too. I love your design.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Jules this is both fabulous and fun what a great image and I love the colours and design it looks super.
Hugs
Lorraine x