My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Friday 9 March 2012

ONE FOR MUM

Hi Everyone

Well this is a much more respectable time don't you think?

The living/dining room is no longer like a stationery cupboard and the weekend starts here .. .. and all is good in The House of Hearts.

Mr Heart is going to be cooking the meal tonight and hopefully I can play with a few more bits of card and paper whilst he gets on with it!! 

So today's share is a Mother's Day card .. .. but no good if the Mum suffers from "koumpounophobia" .. .. the fear of buttons (Di loves using long words on her blog .. .. I wonder if she will be impressed with my 15 letter offering? LOL!!!).

Liz at Pink Petticoat has released a lovely set of Mums are like Buttons Sentiments and I just had to "own and use" them.  





This used:

Backing Papers:  Raspberry Road "Cute As A Button"
Sentiment:  Pink Petticoat
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder:  Button Strip
Martha Stewart Punch:  Doily Lace
X-Cut Punch:  Small Flowers
My Trusty Sewing Machine
Glamour Dust
Ribbon and buttons from the Stash Box

So there we are.  A much more civilised hour to be posting.  

I wish everyone a really good weekend and hope the sun shines on you.

Love

42 comments:

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous Jules.xxx

Debs M said...

love the way you carried the effect of the ribbon on x

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

really nice card Jules.

jacqui x

Irene said...

Gorgeous Mum card Jules, I love the soft gentle colours and embossing.
luv
irene
xxxx

Crafty Moone Cards said...

Beautiful card Jules.
Sue x

Unknown said...

This is beautiful Jules, so elegant. love the sentiment and that button embosser I have.. but surprise surprise.. I never used it!!! I'm really inspired now :D thank you xx

Cynthia said...

So love this card...especially all the little details that go together to make a whole. And that sentiment is awesome--and true! Have a wonderful weekend!!

susiestacey said...

Gorgeous card and love the sentiment. Hope Mr Heart is cooking up something tasty for you - enjoy x Susan x

Vicky said...

So gorgeous Jules...love the papers and fab sentiment too...I must check those out...lol..:o)

big hugs Vicky xx

Carol said...

Fabulous card Jules, love the sentiment and your long words. Carol x

Mau xx said...

This is Gorgeous Jules I love the colour. I can see why you love the sentiments this is brilliant xx
hugs Mau xx

Di said...

Ohmygoodnessgraciousme - is that a loooong word?! Just lurve the buttons. and of course the gorgeous card Jules :) The sentiment made me want to cry for my long departed and much loved Mummy :( Beautiful card and just so apt! Love, and a few sniffs, Di xx

Nikbee said...

A fantastic card. I love the sentiment. The embossed buttons are fab too.
Nikki x

Gibmiss said...

Hi Jules
Wow love the buttons .... Fabulous card ....
Hugs Sylvie xxx

Gibmiss said...

Hi Jules
Wow love the buttons .... Fabulous card ....
Hugs Sylvie xxx

angelwhispers said...

Wow I love it just gorgeous and I love the embossed buttons just perfect with the sentiment! Chanelle xx

Jenny said...

hummph..... wish my hubby would do the Same for me... you lucky girl!
Fabulous card! Going to check those sentiments out now :0)
Jenny x

Beryl K said...

Beautiful card Jules, not seen this embossing folder
Beryl x

Viv said...

Oh this is lovely Jules - and what a perfectly true sentiment - I've felt like I've a bit of me dropped off since I lost Mum....gorgeous card which any Mum would love. x

Denise said...

Jules, this is gorgeous. May have to get me those Pink Petticoat sentiments!!
Hugs
Denise xx

Marie-Louise said...

Great card with a brilliant sentiment.

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Jules this looks fantastic and so very beautiful that bp looks like marble, the embossed buttons are great I love this so much, the colours and design are superb.
hugs
Lorraine x

Wendy said...

Fabulous card Jules, love the sentiment..hope you have a great weekend.
Wendy xx

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh I just adore this card! Perfect sentiment and I LOVE the button embossing!

Funny thing I actually know a lady who indeed hates buttons, they freak her out! It is the strangest thing! Thankfully she is pretty good spirited about it.

Misty's said...

Hi Jules

Please come and visit my blog to collect an award which I nominated you for
link to my blog post

Michaela xx

coops said...

so gorgeous jules.i love all the buttins and great sentiment and colours ;D

xx coops xx

Kerry said...

Hi Jules,

What an elegant card and the sentiment is so true and so nice!

Love Kerry xxx

Sally H said...

That is just so gorgeous, Jules! A beautiful sentiment and I love all the buttons

Sarn said...

Well I don't know about Di, Jules, but I'M very impressed with your 15 letter word!!!!!!

Terrific card. Very original xxx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Oh this is gorgeous hun, so elegant & oh I love it!

Have a great weekend
hugs shell xx

Juls said...

this is just gorgeous!! Love the embossed buttons!!! Hugs Juls

Crafting Queen said...

What a lovely elegant card!

Roma said...

Please check out my blog as i have a surprise for you x

Unknown said...

Hi Jules, fabulous card - love all the buttons and lovely layout! Luv & Hugs, Trish x

Grenouille Greetings said...

Three beauties! Lovely layouts on all of them and this one with the button strips and fabulous sentiment is delightful. I just used the same button folder on one of my cards but I can't show it until the recipient gets it! Hugs, Lesley

Paper Hearts Handmade Cards said...

Really gorgeous love your buttons
K x

Anonymous said...

Fabulous Jules, a great sentiment and love the embossed buttons!
Helen x

Sue B said...

Aww this is gorgeous Jules! I love the fab sentiment and the button embossing!! it's a really beautiful card!
Big Hugs
Sue xx

Elizabeth said...

Great card, Jules. I have that embossing folder and I love what you've done with it and that sentiment is super. Oh, and the colours are just lovely. Elizabeth x

Anonymous said...

Fantastic Jules!! I saw these new sentiments but resisted .... so far!!
xx

XxJULESxX said...

wow gorgeous Jules!!

Anonymous said...

no long words for me....beautiful card Jules, loving the buttons...xxx