My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Monday 5 March 2012

SEWING ROOM

Hi Everyone

I hope today has been good for you.

Can I say a big "thank you" for all the lovely comments you left on my post yesterday.  My lovely Sis really enjoyed reading them. 

Some of you asked if we have siblings that are also creative .. .. well I think we are a creative family full stop.

Our late Dad could make "anything" out of wood and could quite often be found outside in old "coal house" which he had turned into a little workshop with all his tools hanging in it.  I can still smell the wood even now!!

Our Mum would knit and sew both by hand and machine and our brother is great at drawing .. .. though now-days this is confined to architectural plans rather than the drawings he used to do as a young lad.

So yes, I think we are a crafty lot all in all LOL!!!

Anyways, round to today's share .. .. which is my entry into Pixie's Crafty Snippet Challenge No. 10.  

This Sewing Room die is a fairly new acquisition to my collection and I love it!  I can see it getting lots of use.  As it isn't that long since I posted on here using it I decided I had better come up with another way of using it . .. .. .. 







This used lots of snippets in the form of:

Backing Papers:  Aimee Asher
Sentiment:  Pink Petticoat
Sizzix Die:  "657186" Sewing Room
Martha Stewart Punch:  Doily Lace
Ribbons, cord, pearls and lace from the Stash Box

I am hoping I get chance to share something tomorrow .. .. but I do have a lot of work to get through and then a "hot date" to get ready for.

Hubby is taking me to the football!!!  Woo hoo!!  Evening kick off against Blackpool.  I wonder if they will bring lots of sticks of rock with them to share with the competition.  I somehow doubt it!!  LOL!!!

Right bathtime for me now.

Catch you soon

Love

43 comments:

mags said...

Lovely card Jules. The die looks gorgeous with the fab lace.
Mags
x

Di said...

Oh my goodness - this is truly stunning Jules! I adore the lace and pearls especially! Back with a bang I see :) Enjoy the match - do remember they swop ends at half time :) Love, Di xx

angelwhispers said...

Gosh its gorgeous Jules what a great die but such a beautiful design! Chanelle xxx

Denise said...

Jules this is just gorgeous. Love that die and how you have "dressed" it.
Hugs
Denise xx

susiestacey said...

Lovely make Jules hope you enjoy the footie although it will hardly be hot, l have just passed a gritter x Susan x

Anj said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Tracy said...

Hi Jules
A superb creation with such beautiful details.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Unknown said...

Hi Jules, stunning card! Just gorgeous! Luv Trish x

Anonymous said...

Wow, love this Jules, a gorgeous creation!
Helen x

Beryl K said...

Great card Jules, love the die and how you have used it
Beryl x

Marie-Louise said...

Beautiful card. Love the colour and the backing paper. The die looks great.

Donna Mosley said...

Ooh! Jules, this is so amazing hun. Love the colours and gorgeous manequin, you are so clever. :o)

Donna x

Liz McGuire, said...

This is totally gorgeous but wow I just had a peek below at the bags - stunning. A creative family indeed.

liz x

The Crafty Blonde said...

Fab card, love the fab die and the lace looks just gorgeous. Great paper and colour combo too.
Lyndsey xx

Gillian R said...

Beautiful card. Love how you have created the dress!

Netty said...

Hi Jules, sorry not been visiting in a while.
So pleased I called in today to see how beautifully you have used the diecut. Fab work, Annette x

Jenny said...

Love how you dressed the mannequin up Jules , even a string of pearls too!! oooo your being spoilt rotten tomorrow then....bet you can't wait :0)
Jenny x

Elizabeth said...

Hi Jules, stunning card - love the dress on the form and the aqua colour is gorgeous too. My family is similarly full of crafting and arty people ... I grew up just taking it for granted that's what people do :) Have a great time at the footie and I hope hubby's team wins. Elizabeth x

Cynthia said...

Ooooo, I love that lace!! Gorgeous card! Have fun on your hot date!!!

Sue B said...

Aww this is gorgeous Jules! Wow the dress and the pearls look fab! I love the paper and delish ribbon/twine. It's so delicate and pretty!! I love it!
Hope you enjoyed the football - Hmmm that's got me thinking - sticks of rock with the names of all the different football teams running through them !!! now what a fab idea - they would sell like hot cakes!! LOL
Love Sue xx

Juls said...

this is stunning!!! That Lace skirt is just fabulous!!! Hugs Juls

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Lovely card Jules. That is a really nice die and the colour is so fresh.

jacqui x

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful card, love the lace skirt!!

Louise said...

I love what you have done with this card
Hugs louise xx

coops said...

oh wow this is so stunning jules.beautiful and soft design and i love the lacey dress :D

xx coops xx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Great card hun, just love what you have done!

Have fun at the footie! We are off to see Wolves v Bolton on Saturday...just hope Katie is better by then!
hug Shell xx

Carol said...

Stunning card Jules, the lace looks gorgeous. Enjoy your hot date. Carol x

Nannieflash said...

Hi Jules, love that die and that lace gives the whole thing a life of its own, its gorgeous. hugs Shirleyxx

CraftyC said...

This is gorgeous Jules. I love the die and how you've dressed her up!
Clairexx

Irene said...

Truly stunning Jules, I LOVE it. The die is fabulous and so versitile.
and your use of a lace dress is so clever. The harlequin paper is fabulous.
luv
irene
xxxx

Unknown said...

Wow Jules this is stunning , love the colour and the lace . FAB card Well done
Hugs Elaine

Doreen said...

Gorgeous Jules,I love the die.xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Jules,
Well I've finally caught up with myself and here I am - better late than never! I'm so glad I didn't miss this gorgeous make!! Just lovely!
xx

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous Jules, absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!

Awesome papers and loving the lace on the dress form, stunner!

Pop's Cards said...

Very pretty sweetie ♥ Pops x x x

Sarn said...

WOW Jules . . . that's REALLY pretty xxx

Bernie said...

Wow Jules,love this! It's just gorgeous!
Hugs & Blessings
Bernie

Grenouille Greetings said...

Lovely Jules! I just finished a card with a mannikins but I can't show it until the recipient has received it. But it didn't cross my mind to dress it. Fabulous idea!!! And it has given me an idea too! Hope you enjoyed the football and that your glue gun did the trick on your boots! Hugs, Lesley

Stella said...

That background paper, the dressform and the way you dressed it up; I am drooling :)
XX

Mrs.B said...

This looks fabulous, love the lace skirt. Great card.
Avril

Laura said...

Such a stunning card Jules, the lace, the pearls, EVERYTHING!! Beautiful as always xx

coldwaters2 said...

OMG Jules how brilliant is this card, wow, that lace looks fantastic so is the colours and design,
Hugs
Lorraine x

Mrs A. said...

Need to go on a drastic diet to fit in that gorgeous creation.
Do hope the players didn't resort to hitting each other with those sticks of blackpool rock! Hugs Mrs A.