My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Thursday 11 October 2012

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAUL

Hi Everyone

A special day .. .. .. and a very special weekend ahead in the House of Hearts.

Today is the birthday of our eldest Son.  Happy Birthday Paul!!

As he lives in London I won't be seeing him today :-( .. .. .. but he and his wife are coming home for a long weekend tomorrow and should land with us around tea-time  .. .. .. woo hoo!!!

It will be lovely to see them both again and have some tight squeezy hugs.  

Paul has been cycling to work for the last few months .. .. ..  though I am not sure which could be worse .. .. driving or cycling in London .. .. but he is happy to do both.  He wasn't quite so happy yesterday though because he got his first puncture!!




This used:

Image:  Teddy Bo "Cycling Bo"  (With a personalised T-Shirt LOL!!)
Sentiment:  Computer Generated using Font Claritty
Backing Papers:  Docrafts "Wellington"
Martha Stewart Punch:  Embossed Zig Zag
ProMarkers and Chalk
More of that gorgeous Button Twine I told you about yesterday from The Ribbon Girl
Buttons from my Stash Box

I have just been speaking with the birthday boy and he has opened his card so I am now safe to post it here without spoiling any surprises.

So lots of happy hours spent together are heading our way, but I will need to find them a bedroom (and bed) to sleep in.  The spare bedroom has become the wedding stationery and wedding supplies store room and photo taking area  .. .. but I can't clear any of that away until tomorrow.  Today it is get my head down and get on with wedding invitations and samples for two new "happy couples" I have met up with this week.

Finally, it would seem that quite a few people struggled with the heart yesterday.  Well to add insult to your injury there were actually four of them!!!!

I will leave you in torture a little longer and show you where they are tomorrow LOL!!!

Have a good day everyone.

Love

33 comments:

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

What a super card Jules love that image so perfect for so many occasions enjoy you long weekend with your son and daughter in law

jacqui x

Caroline said...

Fantastic card love the image. Caroline xxx

Amanda said...

Fab card Jules, love the personalised shirt too. The heart s easy to find today lol. Have a great weekend, hugs, Amanda x

cotnob said...

Great card Jules, I love your Teddy Bo image and great papers - it's so hard to find good images for the men in our lives. I bet Paul loved it.
Pauline
x

Tara Cardwell said...

Gorgeous card - perfectly tailored to suit too :-) and a MUCH easier to find heart..........!

Marie-Louise said...

Great card Jules. Hope you have a lovely visit with your son.

Viv said...

Great card - happy birthday to the 'boy'!!! x

Sarn said...

Fabulous male card and just right for your cycling Son.

Have a super weekend together.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Lisa Jane said...

A happy Birthday to Paul.. i think he will just love this fab card
Lisa x

Anne said...

Aw Jules, what a brilliant card for your son. I hope you have the most wonderful time with them this weekend.

I couldn't find the hearts yesterday either so off to look again!

Hugs x

susiestacey said...

Great card Jules, and love the Teddy Bo image, x Susan

Sue said...

Happy Birthday to your son Jules, I bet you can't wait to see him.
Your card is fabulous. I love the image with is personalised t shirt. The papers are gorgeous too.

hugs Sue

Cynthia said...

That image is absolutely perfect for your son! Wish him a Happy Birthday for me!! Enjoy your time with family!

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

A super male card for your cycling son, love the image and great design.
Hope you all have some lovely family time. janex

Bernie said...

What a special card for your son. My youngest shares his birthday but I am to sick to celebrate today so we will do it over the weekend.
Hugs
Bernie

Lorraine said...

Brilliant card for your Son. A fab image and design.
I hope your Son has a lovely birthday.
Lorraine x

Anonymous said...

Hi Jules, what a lovely card for your son. Love the personalised t-shirt.

You are all set for a wonderful weekend together, l bet you will be full of excitement tomorrow waiting for them to arrive. Have a fantastic time together and really enjoy those cuddles.

Gonna go heart searching now lol.

Enjoy your night, big hugs xxx

Anonymous said...

Found them, they are on the butterfly :)

xxx

Carol said...

A fabulous card Jules, love the personalised shirt. Carol x

coops said...

love this jules.fantastic image and the papers are stunning.
have a fabulous weekend with your family ;D

xx coops xx

Denise said...

Brilliant card Jules - love that Teddy Bo image.
Enjoy your weekend with the Birthday Boy!!
Hugs
Denise xx

XxJULESxX said...

Hi Jules i love the card, papers are fab and the image!
Happy Birthday to Paul and hope your weekend together is a lovely one!

Elizabeth said...

Great fun card - perfect, given that your son now cycles to work. And I'm with you on the cycling in London thing - couldn't do it myself and wouldn't like to drive there either, it's bad enough traveling on the underground! Hope everything goes well with the search for a bed under all the wedding work but I'm sure you are going to have a wonderful weekend. Hugs, Elizabeth xx

Beryl said...

Super image Jules - a very cuddly cyclist. You're lucky to get hugs from your son - my son's never been a hugger - hope you have a lovely weekend with them both.
Beryl xx

Anonymous said...

oh gosh I love cycling teddy!!!

Too Fun!

rosie said...

absolutely brilliant card Jules. am sure Paul will love it.
gorgeous image. fab layout.

hope you have a fab weekend and lots of hugs from Paul x

Doreen said...

This is fabulous Jules,what a fabulous image.xxx

Sue B said...

Aww this is fab Jules… what a wonderful image! Love the gorgeous papers and buttons! :-)
your son will love it too!
Hope you have a fab weekend together!
Love Sue xx

Grenouille Greetings said...

Lovin this superbly coloured cycling Ted! Perfect card, Jules! Hugs, Lesley

Unknown said...

What a fun card Jules, I love this image and the colours and style of your card.. the buttons look perfect there. Wishing you a nice weekend. Big hugs xxx

Anonymous said...

Wonderful!! Love this so much Jules, especially the personalised shirt!

Hope you all have a lovely weekend together.
xx

scrappymo! said...

I love that you do the hidden heart thing...it is such a signature thing for you!
Will be waiting for the unveiling this time! teehee
I think Paul is going to love this card...
Have s good hug and a good visit!

Anonymous said...

A brilliant card, love the fab image!
Helen x