My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Thursday 18 October 2012

HOW LONG HAS IT TAKEN?

Hi Everyone

Well?!?!?!

Question:     How long has it taken to show you what I did with those flowers I posted a picture of on Friday?

Answer:   Far too long!!!  Especially considering it was finished on Saturday morning!!  Tut tut!!!

What a super busy and exciting week it has been in the old House of Hearts.

Hardly time to catch my breath.  All I can say is "thank goodness I now have a super organised do-list on an excel workbook, with multiple tabs showing where I am not only today but going forward for the next 12 months!!!"

I am super paranoid about my list and it gets constantly saved on two computers and an external hard-drive.  If I lost this file I would be well and truly scuppered.

You may wonder why I need a do list that covers this time next year . .. .. well believe it or not there are already tasks and orders entered on it as far away as "next October" !!!  I think I may need to extend it to cover the next 18 months.

No general cardmaking has happened at all this week .. ... it has been all weddings and happy couples.  I am beginning to wonder if the weddings will eventually take over completely.

The flowers I mentioned earlier were for making a prop when taking photographs and to use as decoration on our display next week.




The cage was very kindly given to me by a lovely bride after her wedding (thank you so much Marie xx) as she thought I could use it more than she would.

When Marie used the cage it was covered in real roses that smelt gorgeous along with pearls and gems .. .. but I stripped it bare and added artificial flowers as I knew I wouldn't be able to keep replacing the flowers on it.

I am well pleased with the result .. .. ... just sorry it has taken me so long to get a picture of it here.  The pictures aren't brilliant as it is quite large and difficult to get a good photograph of .. .. but it gives you a good idea of what I did.

My lovely Sis was going to take pictures of her bags alongside it on Saturday evening but she wasn't happy with the results.  Never mind. We can always try again.  Any excuse to be together!!

I will have to try and get a picture of it on wedding fayre day.  Only 10 more sleeps!!!!  Eeeekkkk!!!!  Back to that "do list" quick!!!!!  LOL!!!

Have a brilliant day everyone and thanks for calling by.  Sorry I am not getting any visiting in at the moment .. .. I will make amends eventually I promise! I wonder what you are all up to?

Love

32 comments:

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

This is gorgeous Jules love those flowers

jacqui x

rosie said...

wow Jules. this is stunning beyond words. gorgeous arrangement.

and how super organised are you!! any tips for getting that organised?

Linny said...

This cage is so beautiful, its sure to help get more orders for your Wedding Stationery.linda x

Di said...

Hi Jules, this is totally stunning! Gonna make a great prop - just keep rehearsing these words 'No, sorry, I only do wedding stationery, not floral arrangements'. Trust me - you WILL be asked!! :)

Love, Di xx

Anonymous said...

Oh Jules that is gorgeous! I don't normally like artifical flowers but they look so real, you'd never tell. Well done you, you certainly are a very 'crafty' lady.

Being organised is the key to keeping sane I think so I think its a great idea to have an excel spreadsheet :)

Have a lovely rest of the week and weekend. Take care xxx

Doreen said...

This is just beautiful Jules.xxx

Marie-Louise said...

Absolutely gorgeous Jules. The cage is marvellous.

Sue said...

A stunning Floral arrangement Jules.

hugs Sue

Cynthia said...

I've missed you and your beautiful creations, Jules! I'm glad your happy-busy! =D I love your flower cage--the roses look real!

The Craft Bucket said...

Just beautiful, I do like a good list myself! Jane x

Beryl said...

I though the wedding work more or less taken over already - you always seem so busy with it. Your cage decoration is fabulous and I'm sure will be very popular with your brides. Hope you do well at the Fayre when it happens.
Beryl xx

Mrs.B said...

Hi Jules, This is a fabulous arrangements, I am sure it will be a talking point at the Fayre.
JUst been catching up, and as usual some great makes.
Avril xx

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous flowers Jules. The display looks fabulous!
Lorraine x

Crafty Moone Cards said...

Wow Jules this is gorgeous.
Sue x

scrappymo! said...

Lovely work!

Tedz said...

Hi Jules, Your cage is beautiful - it should prove a lovely backdrop for your Wedding Fayre and I wish you lots of luck and orders. Pauline xx

lisa said...

It's so beautiful, Jules, it'll really set your stall off and catch peoples eyes. Cream roses are so elegant aren't they and I love the variegated ivy.
Hope the fayre goes well.
Hugs Lisax

Lisa Jane said...

ooh it looks beautiful.. so pretty
Lisa x

coops said...

oh wow its fantastic jules.all those flowers are so beautiful :D

xx coops xx

Denise said...

This is beautiful Jules - love those gorgeous roses.
Hugs
Denise xx

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

looks beautiful Jules, glad someone is doing well at something they love,and getting payed for it. janex

Bev Henwood said...

Hi Jules, Is there no end to your talent? This is a gorgeous creation. GOOd to hear you are so busy and doing something you enjoy. Love Bev xx

Vic McGuckin said...

Wow Jules this is stunning... may any bride happy...

Vic x

Anonymous said...

Is there no end to your talents?!!! This is beautiful!!
xx

XxJULESxX said...

Oh Jules it's stunning! love it!, your a lady in demand for sure with all your time booked up, well it can only be a good thing Jules.
And here's me haven't even started Natalie's wedding invites yet! 7mnths to go do you think i had better get going? lol!

Mrs A. said...

Your roses are stunning. I thought they were the real thing. Hugs Mrs A.

Anneke said...

first of all ,thank you for your kind words on my blog to the post of the tribute for Anne.
your arrangement is so beautiful and the colors are chosen very well.
your photo,s are exclusif just like your blog.
have a nice weekend and hugs from Ann

loftylass said...

Beautiful Jules. Good luck at your next wedding fayre. Looking forward to the photo's.
Hugs
Heather
x

Roma said...

Wow this is stunning & imagine having a few different ones made with different flowers ,ribbon gems etc...x

Mau xx said...

Its Beautiful Jules, and such gorgeous colours. xxxxx
Understand all too well the long standing booking/dates, Had the same when I did Wedding cakes as weddings had to be booked approx two years ahead. I don't know how long they have to book ahead now but I just prayed I wouldn't become ill.....lol
Hugs Mau xx

Anonymous said...

It looks gorgeous Jules!
Helen x

Grenouille Greetings said...

Stunning!!!! Hugs, Lesley