My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Friday 5 October 2012

MY FAVOURITE PENNY BLACK CHRISTMAS SENTIMENT

Hi Everyone

Woo hoo!!!

Friday is here!!

That means "if I was capable of sleeping in" I could do that the next two days without feeling guilty . . .. but I bet I won't manage it.  LOL!!!

I really need to get some Christmas cards done so "made myself" do one this evening.  It has turned out nothing like what was in my head as I started .. but hey ho!!  I ended up with a Christmas card.

This used my very favourite Penny Black Christmas sentiment stamp.





This used:

Image:  Funstamps "FM131" Scribble Snowman
Image for snowflake background:  Stampendous "CRR122" Cling Snowfall
Sentiment:  Penny Black "3535F" Snowflakes
Backing Paper:  Pink Petticoat "Pinstripes"
My Trust Sewing Machine
Nestabilities:  Classic Ovals Large
Glamour Dust
Woodware Punch:  Snowflake
Distress Inks:  Tumbled Glass and Faded Jeans
Clear Embossing Powder
Josy Rose:  Nail Heads  (the prize is still up for grabs here)
ProMarkers
Ribbons, cord, gems and charm . .. from the Stash Box

Is anyone else ever tempted to put rosy cheeks on a snowman?  They don't look right to me without them .. . but if they had rosy cheeks then they would be too warm and would melt .. .. .. and that would never do :-(  Nothing worse than a melted snowman LOL!!!

Have a good weekend everyone.

Take care

Love

30 comments:

Home sweet home said...

Lovely and beautiful card,love the snowflakes:):)and your papers are gorgeous:):)

Wish you a wonderful weekend:):)

Merethe

Denise said...

Love your card Jules - such a cute snowman and that sentiment is brilliant.
I always put rosy cheeks on my snowmen, it's the hat and scarf that makes them warm!!!
Hugs
Denise xx

Diane's Card Designs said...

Gorgeous Christmas card! Love the image and the ribbon and charm look wonderful
Diane xx

Cynthia said...

How CUTE!! Love that little snowman!! Have a wonderful weekend!

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous Jules,love the image ,fab layout and gorgeous papers.xxx

Little K Smith said...

This is just gorgeous Jules! I love the snowflake background and lush ribbon too!
I know what you mean about them not turning out how they started in your head ;D
Have a lovely weekend hun :)
Kelly.x

Lorraine said...

You're right, that is a lovely sentiment! Gorgeous cute little snowman too!
Have a lovely weekend
Lorraine x

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Jules. Such a cheery looking snowman! I love the colours and fab layout too.

I hope you have a good weekend
Hugs Sue

Wendy said...

This is gorgeous Jules, cute snowman and fab sentiment stamp (I too have this stamp and love it)
Hope you have a lovely weekend.
Wendy xx

Gibmiss said...

Hi jules
How are you .... I dont seem to have had much free time..... With going away...... And people coming and going......and now i have a bad throat and cold ... Lucky Roy as i lost my voice... Was in bed two days ... But got up to day ... Still no energy..... But hope each day will improve ... Managed to make a card tonight.......
Your xmas card is fab..... And the message is lovely .....
Hugs sylvie xxxx

Jacki Daniels said...

Hi Jules this is gorgeous love it I have that stamp (snow man) and have used him quite a few times such a sweet thing love your card as always
JACKI XX

Andria said...

Awww its lovely, that sentiment is perfect x

Roma said...

Hi Jules what a beautiful christmas card ,i love the snowman & the stamp you have used ,i love the ribbon with snowflakes too x

Beryl said...

You could try giving them blue rosy cheeks I suppose. That sentiment is lovely - no wonder it's a favourite. Gorgeous Christmas card. Hope you enjoy your weekend.
Beryl xx

Anneke said...

wow, this card is so cute and i like the layout very much.
and the snowman is adorable.
you make lovely cards and i like to see your work.
have a nice weekend and greetings from a stormy netherlands.
Ann

debby4000 said...

Oh I love your sweet, gorgeous card Jules.
luv
Debby

Anonymous said...

OH my josh adorable snowwy!!! He is adorable and I love the sentiment too!!!

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

rosy checks indeed, Jules you are va case!
I love this little snowman and the sentiment is perfect, I've got into making Christmas cards and I'm finding it hard to make any other.
janex

Gillian R said...

Fab card Jules, I agree snowmen should have rosy cheeks. Hope you are keeping well

Tedz said...

Hi Jules, A lovely Christmas card and that is a nice sentiment. Pauline xx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Fab creation hun, just love the background looks fab!

Have a great weekend
Hugs Shell xx

The Crafty Blonde said...

fab card, love the cute image and the snowflake panel looks brill. Gorgeous ribbon & bow and love the sentiment xx

Crafty Moone Cards said...

Gorgeous card Jules.
Sue x

coops said...

so gorgeous jules.i love your fab snowflakes backing and stunning snowman :D

xx coops xx

Crafting Queen said...

Really lovely card, love the background. Congrats on your win.

Anonymous said...

Brilliant, love that sentiment and fab little charm!
Helen x

Sarn said...

FABULOUS sentiment. Love this card. xxx

XxJULESxX said...

Gorgeous and i do love that sentiment!

Bonnie said...

Jules, I love how your cards make me smile! Love the sentiment and that beautiful snowman who shows up so beautifully against those snowflakes!

rosie said...

stunning. love the image. fab papers. great ribbon and embellishments x