My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Friday 29 March 2013

HAPPY WEDDING ANNIVERSARY MR HEART

Hi Everyone

Well as promised yesterday I am back with the card I made my lovely hubby .. .. for celebrating our 38th Wedding Anniversary.

Thank you for all the lovely birthday and anniversary wishes.  You are all so very kind

How nice that our special day has fallen on a Bank Holiday so that we can spend the whole day together.  Not only that but the sun is shining brightly and we have a blue sky!!!  I wonder if it will last.  i hope so.

The day we got married it was Easter Saturday and I can remember spending the day before trying to make a hooded lace cape to go over my lovely Sister's velvet bridesmaid dress.  I managed to get it finished but when I put it on her the next day I didn't like it .. .. what a waste of time that was!!  LOL!!

So here is Mr Heart's card .. .. sort of how I envisaged it .. .. but to be honest my brain hadn't gone past marking the date on a calendar with a heart!




This used:

Image:  Created in Microsoft Word
Sentiment:  Computer Generated using Fonts "Chauncy" "Zipty Do" and "2 Peas Barefoot Professor"
Backing Paper:  Pink Petticoat "Tiniest Pretty Little Hearts" from the Easter Colour Collection Treat
My Trusty Sewing Machine
Josy Rose:  Nail Heads
Nestabilities:  Heart
Button, cord and gems from my stash box

Not sure why I have call my sewing machine "trusty" .. .. the bulb blew just as I was starting to sew (hence the straightness of everything leaving a bit to be desired). 

Nothing is made to last is it .. .. just 32 years of use and suddenly the bulb "gives in".  LOL!!!!  Wonder if I have a spare stashed away anywhere?!?!?!?

Anyway that is me for today.

Edited to say:  Just look what I found on my lovely blog buddy Eve's blog.  Thank you Eve .. what a lovely surprise.  You are very kind.

Have a wonderful Easter everyone .. .. and go steady(ish) with the chocolate over the weekend!  

Love

40 comments:

Marie-Louise said...

Lovely card. Hope you have a very Happy Anniversary and enjoy your day.

Belated Happy Birthday - sorry I did not realise that it was your own birthday.

Di said...

Beautiful card Jules - and just perfect for a chap on your Wedding Anniversary. Love the calendar idea :)

Hope you have a lovely day - and that a spare bulb turns up :) Often they used to come with a spare in the little box of accessories, screwdrivers, teeny bottle of oil and such.

Love, Di xx

Amanda said...

Happy Anniversary to the wonderful house of hearts. Such a fun card too may borrow that idea for my anniversary next month. Hugs, Amanda x

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

This is lovely Jules love the layout and papers have a great day
jacqui x

Doreen said...

Happy Anniversary Jules....It is my hubbys Birthday today....Your card is as always just gorgeous.xxx

Carole said...

What a great idea, the calendar will pinching that one. So glad your not 'Perfect' lol don't blame the bulb ha ha. Missed you this week, think you need to retire so you can make more for us to see. Hope you have a lovely Anniversary and easter weekend xxxxx

Carole said...

What a great idea, the calendar will pinching that one. So glad your not 'Perfect' lol don't blame the bulb ha ha. Missed you this week, think you need to retire so you can make more for us to see. Hope you have a lovely Anniversary and easter weekend xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to you both, have a lovely day together!

Beautiful card, I love the idea of making the date pop!

Enjoy the Easter long weekend!

Stamps and Paper said...

What a fabulous card Jules and I am sure your hubby was thrilled with it. such a lovely idea...
Have a lovely day together and a great weekend...

Anne

Cynthia said...

Oh Jules, that's so sweet! I love the little heart marker!! Happy Anniversary to you both!

And a Happy Easter too!!

Carol said...

Perfect for the occasion Jules and I'm sure Mr H appreciated it. Enjoy your day together. Carol x

Roma said...

Gorgeous card Jules!

Happy Anniversary to you both & have a fantastic day ! x

Grenouille Greetings said...

The perfect anniversary card for your man, Jules. Lovely! hugs, Lesley

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Huge congrats on you Wedding Anniversary hun!
I just love the simplicity of this card, perfect for a man

Happy Easter
hugs shell xx

Sue said...

Happy Anniversary wishes to you and Mr Heart. I hope you are having a lovely day.
Your card is so beautiful. I love the design and gorgeous colours
Wishing you a Happy Easter
Hugs Sue xx

Irene said...

A beautiful Wedding Avvinersary card Jules, just perfect.
luv
irene
xxxx

Lorraine said...

This is gorgeous Jules. I love the way you've highlighted your special day.
Hope you're both having a lovely anniversary.
Lorraine x

Beryl said...

What a great card - and of course the heart on the date is a brilliant touch. Enjoy the Bank holiday weekend.
Beryl xx

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely card. Happy Anniversary!

Vicky said...

Gorgeous as always hun...and big congrats on your anniversary too..:o)

Have a lovely Easter...biggest of hugs Vicky xx

mags said...

A gorgeous card Jules and a lovely idea. Very creative. Happy Anniversary too.
Mags
x

Kathleen said...

Big Congratulations Jules, fabulous card, bet that date was well marked on the year you actually got married,
my Mum and Dad got married on the 29th March as well.
BUT I am very sorry to break the news to you that you didn't actually get married on Easter Saturday, you got married on Easter Even, the eve before Easter Sunday, the following Saturday is Easter Saturday.
Hope you had a great day together.

Kath x
PS 12th April, I got married and that was Easter Saturday that year, Easter Even was red hot, Easter Saturday was blowing a gale and pouring down, maybe a sign! lol.

Viv said...

Mere babies we are here - just 14 years this year..... glad the 'house of hearts' has had lots of romancy frothy soppy stuff - and am mightily glad that the marriage hasn't gone out the same way as the sewing machine light....LOL
Am poorly 'ick - raging sore throat, hacking cough and feeling very sorry for myself..all the ingredients for a not so happy Easter... think choccie will make me feel better????????
Send the eggs here!!!! xxx

Carole Z said...

Brilliant card Jules! Happy Anniversary, Carople Z xx

Patricia said...

Happy Anniversary Mr &Mrs Heart, have a wonderful day.
What a stunningly beautiful card, fantastic idea, very effective and straight to the point. I love it, might try to keep that in mind for when ours comes round.
Have a great day whatever you do
Hugs

Patricia xxxx

Gillian R said...

What a fabulous personal card Jules, happy anniversary to you and Mr Heart

Pop's Cards said...

HI sweetie, this is absolutley amazing,have a great weekend huggles Pops x x x

An Occasional Genius said...

Well Happy Birthday Jules, & Happy Anniversary to you both! Hopefully you had a lovely day together.

Loving Mr Heart's card, so great!

32 years & the bulb has only just gone? Wow, them was the days when things were made to last lol!!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend xx

coops said...

so gorgeous jules.really fabulous design :D

xx coops xx

coops said...

so gorgeous jules.really fabulous design :D

xx coops xx

XxJULESxX said...

Oh Jules stunning card!!! great idea!
hope you both had a wonderful day and a belated Happy birthday!!

cotnob said...

What a fabulous card Jules, you always have such great ideas.
I bet you have got a spare bulb stashed away somewhere - but whether or not you manage to find it is a different matter entirely!
I hope you had a lovely day together.
Pauline
x

Sue B said...

Aww this is really sweet Jules! I love how you've highlighted the date with a heart… and the twine and red heart are beautiful… it's a fab design… I bet hubby loved it !
glad the sun has been shining for you too - isn't it lovely to finally see it !!! let's hope it lasts!!
Just watching Easter from Kings... Quiche in the oven... and planning a relaxing evening watching TV..
Hope you have a lovely Easter Weekend! and hope the Easter Bunny is good to you!! ;-))
Big hugs
Sue xxx

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary to both of you. Your card is gorgeous and so creative and elegant xxx

Debbie said...

Wow Jules I bet your husband adored your card.Stunning and such a fantastic idea.Hope you had a super wedding anniversary and fab birthday.You've made some amazing cards while I've been away dearie.Big hugs Debbie x

MagsB said...

What a lovely card! Such an original design - a wonderful reminder of your special day! Congratulations, and have a great Easter weekend!

love Mags B x

Bonnie said...

I hope you had a wonderful anniversary celebration! How nice that you could spend the whole day together! Love the card! Fantastic idea!

scrappymo! said...

With a wonky burnt out bulb, you sew straighter than me on my best day!
Great card...Congratulations...Have a wonderful Anniversary!

Tedz said...

Very nice Jules, many contratulations - I like the way you focussed on the date - I bet it wasn't snowing when you got married though. Pauline xx

Brenda said...

Awww, Happy Anniversary, sorry my well wishes are late Jules! This card for your hubby is awesome! I love that it doesn't have any fru-fru on it cause guys usually don't like that! lol I love the simplicity of this card, but that it has everything that it needs for your anniversary. I will have to remember this one for my next anniversary! lol Hugs and Happy Anniversary again, that is quiet the milestone!!