My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Saturday 11 May 2013

SKETCH SATURDAY - AND AN EXCITING FIND !!!

Hi Everyone

Happy Saturday!!!

Our weather has been so changeable today it has been unbelievable.  I eventually gave up with the washing .. .. there are only so many times you can peg it out and bring it in again LOL!!!

I am playing along with the lovely sketch from over at Sketch Saturday again .. .. but also I have been playing with an exciting new download from Digistamp Boutique .. .. but more about that later.

Here is my share for today:




This used:

Image:  Digistamp Boutique "Stan With Beer"
Sentiment:  Tag from Digistamp Boutique "Simple Tags" .. .. but with my own sentiments typed in font Mister Sirloin
Backing Papers:  DoCrafts "Wellington"
ProMarkers and Chalk
Distress Ink:  Tea Die
Twine, brad and eyelet from my stash box

So how about those cute little tags!!!

I am so excited about them because although I have a couple of punches and dies that I can use for cutting out tags, I have very limited sentiments that fit onto what I have punched out.

With these little beauties I can re-size them to any size I want and either type into a text box to add my own words or cut the tag out and use a stamp on them!!  Brilliant!!  They don't even have to have words on them!!

There are lots of different shapes in the set with different borders too, as well as some great sentiments  .. .. I didn't know which to play with first!!  LOL!!!  What a fabby Saturday find.

Prepare to see lots of these on my blog because I lurve them!!!  Can you tell LOL!!!  My tiny little brain is on overdrive already.

Well at the beginning of this post I said I was entering my card into the Sketch Saturday Challenge .. .. if you fancy playing along this is the sketch I followed .. .. though I have turned and tweaked it about a bit.


Have a great Saturday evening and I'll catch you again tomorrow with my snippet make for this week. 

Love

30 comments:

Di said...

Oh Jules, am so with you about the smaller sentiments thing. So many are lovely but too big, sigh. I need to go and peek I think :)

Brilliant card - and I couldn't wait, your prize is on the snippets playground blog tomorrow :) Thank you so much again!

Hugs, Di xx

susiestacey said...

Great card Jules, showers here all day too and blustery x Susan x

Lorraine said...

Brilliant mans card Jules. A fab image and design. Those tags are fabulous....I need...lol!!
Have a lovely weekend
Lorraine x

Stamps and Paper said...

Great Father's Day card a Jules love your little image which youve coloured brilliantly great backing papers

Anne

Debs M said...

lovely card and great find with the tags x

Anonymous said...

Fab, fab, fab!!! Love this Jules and those great tags ;O)
xx

Wendy said...

Absolutely fabulous Jules, one of my favourite images and NEED those simple Tags NOW Lol...
Wendy xx

cuilliesocks said...

Great card Jules, I love the sketch, those papers are lovely and a brilliant image.

I like the look of the tags, must have a closer look at these.

We've had rain most of the day too, my washing is on the drying rack in the house and I hate that. Maybe tomorrow will be better, kate x

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the image.xxx

Carol said...

Wonderful card for any male occasion and yes Jules those tags are fabby! Hope you're having a good weekend. Carol x

sally said...

This stamp would suit my DH - when we went to Devon it seemed that all he did was try the different local "real ales" 23 in 5 days/nights!

Sally

Sue said...

Fabby card Jules. A brilliant image, coloured perfectly and I love the papers. The tags look fabulous, thank you for the info, off to check them out now!!
I hope you are having a good weekend
hugs Sue xx

Kathleen said...

Really lovely card, love the papers and the cute image,the tags are fab will bomb straight over there to take a look as I have quite a few things from there and I have run out of pre-printed sentiments and struggling with the punches I have,

Kath x

Sue B said...

Aww this is really cute Jules… what a fab image and you've coloured it beautifully to match the scrummy papers… I love the tags… I have some similar but these are much nicer shapes… thanks for the link... :-)))
Hope you have a lovely weekend!
Big Hugs
Sue xx

Patricia said...

Great card, fantastic image beautifully coloured.
I am liking the idea of the sentiment to fit the tags.
Off to have a wee look, thanks for that .
Have a great weekend

Patricia xxx

Cynthia said...

That tag is adorable--I can't wait to see more, so create away!! =D Love the card too. The image is too cute and the backing papers are so manly! Have a great weekend!!

Nikbee said...

A wonderful male card. The image would be perfect for many men I can think of!
Nikki x

Annmaree of Oz said...

Great card and super fun image Jules!

I was thinking in proportion to his body and head that really is a very big mug of beer he has! LOL!!!

love the tags too, they are great!!

Jennifer said...

Hi Jules. Hope you're keeping well...I haven't had much time for blog hopping recently. This is a gorgeous make, and just love how you used the tags! xx Jenny xx

scrappymo! said...

Fabulous masculine card...and that is waht they do isn't it...have a pint at some point when out with their friends around their birthday!

The papers are well suited to this card and great take on that sketch.

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Love this image Jules he certainly looks like he's enjoying his beer
jacqui x

Carole Z said...

Hi Jules, one of the first things on your super card that caught my eye, were the tags. Brilliant! I often have a similar programme when I type greetings, so I'll check these out..thank you!!! Have a super Sunday, Carole Z X

Beryl said...

Super and Jules and yes those tags are brill. Such a good idea.
Had a lovely day at Port Sunny show yesterday - came home with a few new bits and pieces - as you do. Well - got to make the trip and the petrol usage worth while.
Beryl xx

May said...

Gorgeous card Jules, Fabulous image just Perfect for Fathers day, Hugs May x x

Pop's Cards said...

HI sweet pea, this is absolutely gorgeous, perfection, huggles Pops x x x

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi Jules ah do love this thanks so very much for sharing - oh have bought the tags too and told the you blogged it :D off to do some printing :D
love Shaz in oz.x

debby4000 said...

Oh I love your fabulous card.
luv
Debby

coops said...

so stunning jules.fabulous papers and design and I love your tags and image :D

xx coops xx

XxJULESxX said...

oh wow what a totally brill male card Jules! love the tag!!!!

Brenda said...

LOL This card is just too cute! Perfect Father's Day card!!