My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Thursday 6 March 2014

HERE AT LAST!

Hi Everyone

Happy Thursday!  Rubbish weather here today .. .. but we have the promise of a beautiful weekend so something to look forward to there!

Life has been a bit of a blur here in the House of Hearts since the wedding fayre on Sunday.  My feet haven't touch the ground and I still haven't even packed everything away that I took with me .. .. or that I got out to make last minute new samples with!!!  The double bed in the spare bedroom (aka the storage of everything wedding related room) is covered in boxes of samples, rolls of ribbon, card and bling .. .. all waiting to be returned to their rightful place!  

The fayre was really busy with lots of interest and lovely new couples to meet.  I love hearing all their plans and ideas .. . no two weddings are ever the same!

I had a lovely surprise last night.  One of my brides called by with some wedding cake and a thank you card. How special was that?  I was really touched that she had thought of me.

I also dipped my hand into the box of images I have already coloured which are patiently sitting waiting to be used .. .. and came up with this:




This used:

Image:  Penny Black "1447H" A Gift For You
Sentiment:  Pink Petticoat (no longer available)
Backing Papers:  Kaisercraft "Butterfly Kisses"
Spellbinders Nestabilities:  Classic Circle and Scalloped Circle  Large
My Trusty sewing machine
Josy Rose:  Nail Heads
Glamour Dust
Ribbon

A post from me at last!!  Yay!!

Have a good day everyone. 

Love

32 comments:

Eve said...

Hi Jules,
so glad to see you as I was tempted to send out a search party!! LOL!! Only joking! I knew that you would be busy after your wedding fayre as all of those brides to be would love your stunning work.
Lovely heggie card - oh how I would love to look into your box of ready coloured images!!
Hope you have a fab weekend. xx

Sarah said...

Glad you haven't left the country Jules!! Such a pretty card and the papers are scrummy xx

Sally said...

Hi Jules, it's no wonder you don't have much time for blogging these days, good on you for having such a successful wedding business :-)
A nice thought for that bride to bring you some wedding cake & a card.
I love this card it's so pretty & the papers are gorgeous.
Sally x

Stamps and Paper said...

Great to hear your wedding fayre was a success and hopefully will produce lots of commissions...lovely card Jules beautifully presented as usual..

Anne

Di said...

Lovely to see you blogging Jules, and what an adorable image and card. Really pretty.

Great news that the Wedding Fayre went well - and so kind of a couple to bring you a thank you card and Wedding cake.

Ooooh, I'd love to have a good old rummage in your spare bedroom :)

Hugs

Di
xx

Hazel said...

Another great card with my favourite hedgehog image. Had a little smile on my face when you described you spare room bed- snap that's mine most of the time but mine is things for gift baskets/ baby gifts, had to do a very quick put away as husband had to sleep in there, he developed a very bad chest infection and he couldn't get up the stairs to our bedroom plus I would have been worried he fall down the stairs. I keep wanting to turn the spare room into a proper craft room with a fold away bed but again it's come into use as a sick room it's down stairs and near the bathroom . So it will have to stay as a spare room. Hazel xx

Sue said...

It sounds like you are extremely busy Jules. I am pleased that the wedding fayre went well and how lovely for one of the brides to give you a card and piece of wedding cake.
Your card is gorgeous, I love the cute image, pretty papers and fabulous layout too.
Fingers crossed that the weather forecast for the weekend is correct!
hugs Sue xx

Cynthia said...

How sweet that the bride thanked you with cake! And I'm so happy for you that the fayre went well!

Adorable card too--the little hedgie made me smile! =D

Patricia said...

Brilliant, love that sweet image and fantastic design.
Glad it all went well for you at the Fare
Happy crafting

Patricia xx

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie this is just gorgeous, huggles Pops x x x

susiestacey said...

So sweet Jules, love the little hedgie. Lovely of the bride to call back with cake too x Susan x

sally said...

An absolute cutie :-) and I hope you are going to enjoy that wedding cake in the sunshine this w/e!

We are expecting more good weather here in France and next Friday I will be able to spring my husband out of his convalescence centre :-D things are finally looking up....

Sally

Lorraine said...

Aww, what a cute little hedgy! A gorgeous card Jules
Lorraine x

cotnob said...

It sounds like it is all go in the House of Hearts at the moment, you must have some very happy customers if they bring you cake and thank you cards - no wonder you are so busy.

This is an adorable card Jules, such a sweet image and pretty papers.

Pauline
x

Lynsey said...

Hi Jules sounds like you are super busy! Love this sweet card!
Hugs Lynsey x

Carol said...

This one is so pretty Jules...gorgeous colours and such a cute image. Carol x

Crafty Moone Cards said...

Such a gorgeous card Jules.
Sue x

Kathleen said...

Well that was a bit of a sneaky heart.
Fab card, love the image great papers, wish I could use my trusy sewing machine but keep forgetting that I have got it till I see your cards.

Kath x

Sharon said...

I love hedgehogs - they are just so darn cute and yours is no exception. Beautiful papers and design.
I am so chuffed. A friend asked my to make her wedding invites for her daughter. It will my my first ever wedding and I am so excited about making them though don't know where to start at the moment.
Nearly the weekend. Have a lovely one.
Hugs Sharon x

Carole said...

missed you, love the backing paper on this one xx

Carole Z said...

Hi Jules, glad to hear that you had a great Wedding Fayre and glad to hear I'm not the only one using her spare room as extra storage at the momeht! Mine is being utilised in preparation for a craft fair next week! I love your card, superb colouring as always! Carole Z X

debby4000 said...

Adorable sweet card.
luv
Debby

Irene said...

Brilliant Jules.
luv
irene
xxxx

Beryl said...

That's gorgeous Jules. I love 'just to say' cards - and wedding cake.lol
Beryl xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Hi Jules great to see you back again and with such a gorgeous card. Glad your wedding fayre went well it must be so exciting to be part of everyone's plans. Susan xx

Whisper said...

Oooo what a sweetie and such gorgeous colours too, glad to hear you were busy at the wedding fayre, Luv Sam x

coops said...

so gorgeous jules.i love your pretty papers and stitching and the hedgie is adorable ;D

xx coops xx

Brenda said...

Awww, this one is adorable Jules! Love those papers too. You are just too talented my friend! Hugs!

scrappymo! said...

Nice and vibrant colours. Looks great!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

What a soft and pretty and sparkly girlie card!!!!

XxJULESxX said...

Gorgeous, sweet, cute card Jules!!

Annmaree of Oz said...

I really love the colours and papers for this one, really took my eye in scrolling your fabulous cards!