My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Thursday 11 September 2014

SKETCH SATURDAY

Hi Everyone

Happy Thursday!

I hope your day has been a good one.

It is a special one in the House of Hearts as it is our youngest Son's birthday.  He is extra lucky this year because he is going to be like royalty and celebrate his birthday twice.  Tonight we will make the most of the "actual" day he was welcomed into the world by going out for a celebratory meal .. .. and then we will celebrate his special day again on Saturday when the London Kids are here.  

It would be nice to think we could also celebrate the London Kids having found a house they would like to buy . .. but that seems a very difficult mission nowadays and nothing like buying in house in our day!  Houses in London seem to get snapped up very, very quickly and one house they looked at a few weeks ago was going to have another 22 couples viewing it that same day!!!

They are going to look at two properties today .. .. so we will wait and see what stories lie behind those viewings.

Seems like you have to move fast in London!!  No going back for second and third visits like we have done on our past purchases!!

Anyway, round to my share for today which is for taking over to the Sketch Saturday Challenge:




This used:

Backing Paper:  Papermania "Exquisite" Paper Collection  (a very old stack I loved so much that I bought a couple of them at the time .. .. and still have a few sheets left).
Sentiment:  Inkadinkado "96070 M" Kathy Davis Happy Anniversary (stamped without the flower)
Spellbinders Nestabilities:  Heart
My Favorite Things Die:  Blueprint 14
Joy Craft Dies:  Curved Edge Flowers
Josy Rose:  Nail Heads
My Trusty Sewing Machine
Ribbon from My Crafty Stash Box

and that is me for today.  Did you find the heart?  LOL!!

If you fancy playing along with the challenge then here is the sketch I used:


Just time to say thank you for all your lovely comments on my card yesterday and then go and make myself look presentable ready to meet up with the birthday boy!

Catch you again soon.

Love

31 comments:

mags said...

This is beautiful Jules. Hope you have a good time celebrating.
Mags
x

Patricia said...

Even ......."I" .......... found the heart on this stunning card.
Enjoy all the celebrations

Patricia x

Hazel said...

Jules this stunning, love that heart with the die cut behind. Have a lovely time with your son. Hazel xx

Sharon said...

This is beautiful Jules. The heart is gorgeous and I love the soft colour scheme and papers.
Enjoy the rest of your week.
Hugs Sharon. x

Liz McGuire, said...

Wow, that's all, just wow! Pretty much sums it up, Liz x

Debs said...

This is so pretty Jules - the die cut heart is gorgeous and I love the sentiment font :o)
Happy Birthday to the Birthday Boy.
Debs xx

cuilliesocks said...

Beautiful card Jules, love the design and the heart die is gorgeous.
Have a lovely time celebrating,Hugs Kate x

Doreen said...

This is just beautiful Jules,love the design and fab details.xxx

Crafty Moone Cards said...

Gorgeous card Jules.
Sue x

Jacee said...

So pretty Jules, love it, no missing the heart on this one!
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Wendy said...

So gorgeous Jules, love the pretty colours and fabulous design.
Happy birthday to your son , hope you have all had a wonderful evening .
Wendy xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Love your Lattice heart Jules...how nice for your son to have 2 birthday celebrations have a great time

Anne

Eve said...

Hi Jules,
Ooooh! I heart your heart card!! LOL!

Hope you have a lovely time this evening celebrating your sons birthday and hope you have a fabulous weekend with the London kids!
Fingers crossed that todays house hunting was successful.
Have fun. xx

Viv said...

Gorgeous card Jules - and hope the birthday celebrations went well!!!!!

Sue said...

Happy Birthday wishes to your Son, I hope he is having a wonderful and that you all enjoy the celebrations.
Your card is stunning. The heart is gorgeous, I love the papers and fabulous way you have added the ribbon.
Hugs Sue xx

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous anniversary card, Jules! I love the diecut heart and elegant design! Thanks for joining us for Sketch Saturday this week!

Brawny x said...

A gorgeous card Jules x

Marie-Louise said...

This is gorgeous Jules. I love this card.

Cynthia said...

A big Happy Birthday to the Birthday Boy!

This card is so amazing and so gorgeous!! I love it!!!!

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

A gorgeous card Jules, love the heart and scrollwork. Enjoy your celebrations! Susan x

Debs Willis said...

Hi Juks, beautiful card, love the lace work heart. Glad I'm not the only one whole leaves her desk messy!
Hugs Debs x

susiestacey said...

Lovely card Jules, hope they find the ideal home - at a fair price x Susan x

Home sweet home said...

Hi

Gorgeous and fabulous card:):)

Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog:)

Wish you a fab weekend:)

Merethe

Brenda said...

Wow this is a beautiful card Jules! I love that big fancy heart, the mirror looking paper behind it looks great. Love the flowers and of course you know how much I love the papers you used. The sentiment font is so pretty and elegant and I love the way you did the ribbon. House hunting and pricing is nothing like back in the day anywhere anymore. I know change has to come but do it have to come at such a fast rate and at such a high cost?! lol Good luck to the London kids on their house hunting venture and Happy Birthday to your youngest! Hugs, Brenda

Lorraine said...

oooh very elegant - love it.
Lorraine x

coops said...

so gorgeous jules.fab stylish design and the heart is stunning ;D

xx coops xx

Carole Z said...

Fabulous card Jules, love the heart! Hugs Carole Z X

Louise said...

Beautiful card Jules and the backing paper is just gorgeous. I'm still looking for the heart LOL!!! x

Carole said...

Lovely card Jules , hope the birthday boy enjoyed both of his treats. Xx

Juls said...

Hearts and flowers, what could be better, lush!! Hugs Juls

XxJULESxX said...

wow more gorgeousness!!!