My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Wednesday 11 May 2016

WHITE CARD WEDNESDAY

Hi Everyone

Happy Wednesday!

I hope your week is going well.

All good and busy this end .. .. and yet another week that is flying by in the blink of an eye!!

Anyway, I am round to Wednesday again which is the day I have allocated to using up the white card offcuts that are mounting up here in the House of Hearts.

I am still not brave enough to have tackled a "white on white" creation .. .. but perhaps one day!!

In fact today's share looks like Wedneday should have been named "wacky and wild Wednesday" because my finished card is super bright .. .. but every piece of card started off white.  I will explain more later but for now here is my card .. ..  OK .. ..sunglasses at the ready!!!!




This used:

Image:  WOW! "De-Vine" Background stamp
Sentiment:  Wow! "Big Words"
Black Embossing Powder
Tim Holtz:   Distress Paint "Twisted Citron
First Edition: Flower Dies
X-Cut Punch:  Small Flower
X-Cut Embossing Folder:  Polka Hearts
My Trust Sewing Machine
Quickie Glue Pen and Glamour Dust
Ribbon and Gems from my crafty stash box

I embossed the centre panel image with black embossing powder and then went over it with the distress paint.  The embossed panel was also mounted onto a piece of white card that had had just the edges painted.

Then all the hints of pink were created with a ProMarker.

The sparkly "smile" was created by stamping the sentiment, drawing over the top with a Quickie Glue pen and sprinkling with Glamour Dust.

.. .. .. and that is it .. .. I hope I didn't hurt your eyes too much!!  I am sure I used to have a dress with a pattern on in those colours back in the 60s!!

OK .. .. time to crack on here.  A mountain of work to get through today!

Have a good day everyone.

Love

9 comments:

Aquarius said...

I'd never have guessed you started out with all white card scraps - certainly nice and bright for a grey, wet day.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Mm heard a playground rumour while on the swings that you were posting each day and sure enough there you are on my sidebar too!
I loved the card as soon as I saw it but not colours that I use either. I too have never made a white on white card. Haven't seen the need thus far. :) thanks for sharing ...
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}


Barb said...

I LOVE this. The colours are fantastic Jules. I think we all have loads of white offcuts. You've certainly fired me up today. Barbxx

Carole said...

Wow certainly one to make you smile, I like your colour choice and layout and so clever to glitter the stamped word.

Sarah said...

Ooh this is SO good!! Love those colours and the black embossing reminds me of flocking!! xx

Lynn said...

I love all of those colours together Jules, and you would never guess that all of the pieces started off as white! Enjoyed looking at your previous makes too. Lynn x

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Jules, love the pretty flower and bright colours.
I bet you could make a gorgeous wow card!
Lorraine x

cotnob said...

A lovely bright and cheerful card Jules, this would bring a smile to anyone's face.
Pauline
x

cuilliesocks said...

A really fabulously pretty card Jules, and I love the bright colours, it's a great design, Kate x