My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Sunday 2 October 2016

SUNDAY SNIPPETS

Hi Everyone

Happy Sunday .. .. and happy October too!

It has all been rather quiet on my blog recently .. .. mainly due to Mr Heart wanting to whisk me away for a few nights .. .. and that meant I needed to work like a woman possessed to meet my deadlines before the escape could take place.

I needed the break in the end just to make up for the late nights which I needed to work!!  

So where did we escape to?

Well a place where time seems to have stood still .. .. Masham in North Yorkshire.  A lovely old fashioned and quaint little place where everyone seemed to have the time of day for you.  We even saw a coal-man delivering sacks of coal on his back .. .. just like I remember from years ago when I was an annoying child!

Of course the main reason for going was so Mr Heart could enjoy tours around the two local breweries .. .. but as he puts up with such a lot from me I decided to just go along with whatever he had planned.  

What a fabulous place to chill.  Certainly a different pace of life to what we are used to.  We parked the car and vowed not to use it until we set off for our journey home again.  Lots of sleeping, walking, talking, eating and drinking and we enjoyed every second .. .. and our escape was made all the more enjoyable by the lovely couple who owned the fabulous bed and breakfast where we stayed ....  Millgate B&B.  Talk about being spoilt.  I really hope we get to stay with them again .. .. their customer service and super tasty breakfast menu will stay in my memory for always! 

Mr Heart has been wanting to stay there for years .. .. but whenever we were free the B&B wasn't .. .. but this year it happened and we had a really good break .. .. but I did take some colouring with me.  I couldn't possibly switch off completely!

A little re-arranging of the furniture in the bedroom and I was well sorted for tickling a few images with my ProMarkers .. .. and today's snippet make uses one of them.




As always I am lazy on a Sunday and do not list my ingredients, but if anyone has any questions then just give me a shout.  (But I don't know the winning lottery numbers for next week I'm afraid).

Of course as you would expect I am back to a longer list than I left behind .. .. along with a new "happy couple" who have been added to my list .. .. woo hoo!!  Plus I have also added a mission of trying to make "beer bread".  We were given it at a local restaurant whilst we were away as a little "treat" to munch whilst waiting for our meals.. .. definitely need to re-create that!!  

So off I pop to share my card over in the Crafty Snippets Challenge as everything came from my huge pile of snippets. 

Catch you again when I do.

Love Jules xx

14 comments:

Barb said...

Evening Jules, Your card is absolutely beautiful. The sweetest little PB hedgies and what a lovely complementary sentiment.

So glad to hear you enjoyed your break away. It sounds like the ideal getaway. You do know though, don't you, now you have shown us the B&B you're not going to get another booking - it will be full!

Have a lovely week. Barbxx

Stamps and Paper said...

Adorable card Jules and sounds like you had a great time away and it sounds like a lot very place

Anne

cuilliesocks said...

Fabulous card Jules, lovely image and design, great design too.
Your breakaway sounds wonderful as does the B&B, glad you had such a lovely time, Kate x

Crafty Moone Cards said...

Gorgeous card Jules. Sounds like you have had a lovely break.
Sue x

cotnob said...

An adorable card Jules, such a sweet image and lovely Christmas papers.
It sounds like you had a wonderful break, the B&B looks lovely.
Pauline
x

Unknown said...

Wonderful card Jules, love the sentiment ;)
It sounds like you had a fabulous break away from it all, just in time for the busy run up to the festive season which will soon be upon us lol
Hugs, Kaz xx

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Jules, love those cute hedgies and fab papers.
Glad you enjoyed your break away and maybe had a pint or two of Old peculiar!
Lorraine x

Sarah said...

Sounds like a perfect place to unwind Jules. Love your cute card xx

Brawny x said...

Hi Jules great card. Glad you had a fab well deserved break. I've not
Blogged for ages - things in life are still getting in the way. At the mo
I'm on a break of
My own in the sun. Lovely lol. Don't work too hard. Xxx

Whisper said...

Aaaah what an absolute sweetie and i so love Masham too, we are staying in Whitby next May, Luv Sam x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

what a beautiful card, such a great stamp you've used.

Sue xx

Aquarius said...

Such a sweet Christmas card

Di said...

Hi Jules - I bet your break away was a lot less frantic than mine with Mrs A! That looks such a lovely places, and I do know Masham.

LOVE your darling hedgie card - so cute!

Apologies for being a bit late to comment - and thank you for coming to play in the Snippets Playground.

Hugs

Di xx

scrappymo! said...

So adorable!